1. All personnel entering the production areas through the prescribed routes whether to work, inspect or
visit must wear clean protective clothing, which conforms to the following for each specific area or job
PASTA AREA (low risk): White coat with blue hairnet, blue plastic apron and company work
KITCHEN AREA (low risk): White coat with yellow collars, red aprons (raw) and yellow aprons
(cooked) and company work shoes.
WAREHOUSE AREA: Blue coat and company work shoes.
CLEANERS: Blue coat and company work shoes.
MAINTENANCE: Blue coat and company work shoes.
2. Protective clothing must be worn in production areas only and are NOT PERMITTED in any external
area, canteen, and toilets or outside the premises.
3. Company footwear must be worn at all times in the production area. They are NOT PERMITTED
outside the premises, toilets, canteen or warehouse areas, they must be removed and left in the
4. Protective clothing must be changed regularly or when it becomes soiled.
5. At the end of the shift the protective clothing must be stored in the yellow corridor on the hooks
provided. When dirty place the coats into the lockers provided.
6. No outdoor clothing is to be worn over or protruding from protective clothing.
7. Do not eat or smoke when wearing protective clothing.
8. All employees are issued with overalls; these are laundered under contract. All factory clothing and
footwear remain captive to the site; factory clothing is not permitted to be taken home for washing.
In addition to protective clothing, employees should present themselves in a clean and tidy manner to
ensure that they do not contaminate the product; this can be achieved by the following:
1. Keep your body clean, bathe or shower regularly, the use of antiperspirants is recommended.
2. Fingernails should be kept short; cut regularly and clean.
3. You are NOT ALLOWED to wear nail varnish, nail art or false nails in production.
4. All staff must use blue metal detectable plasters, which are issued by the company. Staff who require
them must report to the office where the name of person and number of plasters used must be
documented on the Issuing of Blue Plasters REC012. All staff must make sure the plasters do not fall off during preparation, if they do and cannot be found you must report this to a manager immediately,
otherwise at the end of the shift a supervisor will conduct checks to make sure the plasters are still
5. Any cuts grazes, boils, sores or abrasions or open wounds must be covered with a blue metal
detectable plaster until completely healed, and these must be changed regularly. Any skin coloured
non metal-detectable plasters must be removed and replaced with blue plasters before starting work.
6. NO JEWELLERY (this includes necklaces, earrings, bangles, watches, face & tongue piecing) is
to be worn except a plain wedding band. Simple jewellery of religious significance may be worn in
exceptional circumstances after agreement with senior managers if it is covered and secured to prevent
7. The excessive use of perfume, make up or aftershave is not allowed and perfumed hand creams are
PROHIBITED as this may contaminate or taint foodstuffs.
8. Do not cough or sneeze over food, utensils, surfaces or equipment.
9. Do not touch unduly face ears, hair or any other part of the body when within the Production Areas.
10. No equipment or personal belongings are allowed into the production areas at any time, this includes
mobile phones, pagers etc these must be kept in your personal locker.
11. Spitting, Smoking, picking your ears, nose or spots, eating and drinking are strictly forbidden in
12. Personal medicines e.g. tablets, cough medicine etc, and MUST not be taken into the any of the
Production areas unless explicitly authorised by the Operations Manager, Production and Kitchen
Manager or QA Manager in response to a defined medical need.
13. Suitable head wear (or beard snoods where appropriate) MUST be worn by all personnel, all hair is to
be covered, headwear is not to be retained by hair or metal grips.
14. Anyone entering the Production Areas must wash their hands using the facilities provided.
15. Eating and drinking, chewing of sweets and chewing of gum and any other foodstuffs is forbidden in the
production areas, these activities are restricted to the canteen area during breaks times.
16.Do not handle open foods more than is necessary and cover food when practical to do so.
Staff must wash their hands with soap, water, disposable paper and hand sanitiser regularly especially after
- Prior to entering a food handling area
- Before starting work
- Following breaks, visiting toilets, eating, drinking and smoking
- After handling raw food
- Changing over of products
- After handling rubbish
- After carrying out cleaning duties & using chemicals
- After touching your face, ears, mouth, hair or nose
- Before leaving the Production Area
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.Before handling food.
All staff returning from a period of absence due to sickness or from a Holiday MUST report to the
Operations Manager or, DO NOT ENTER ANY PRODUCTION AREA UNTIL A MANAGER GIVES YOU
PERMISSION AND THE RETURN TO WORK FORM HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
All staff must report to a Manager any illness that involves the following symptoms:
- High temperature or fever
- Skin lesions (cuts, sores or boils)
- Discharges from the ears, eyes or nose or any other site
- Severe sore throat
- Skin rash (Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis etc)
- Hepatitis A, E Coli and Jaundice
- If you are suffering from or a carrier of typhoid, Paratyphoid any Salmonella or Staphylococcal
infection, amoebic or bacillary dysentery. Or a carrier of a food poisoning illness.
Any employee who has been suffering from or in contact with an infectious disease will not be allowed to work or return to work without permission.
First Aid Stations are located in the office. If you are injured in any way whilst carrying out your duties let
the Manager know immediately. The on-site First- Aider will try to help you.
Mobile phones MUST not be used within any production areas. Leave mobile phone in your lockers.
Except company phones held by the managers can be used in the production area.
Smoking is prohibited in any part of the factory this includes electronic cigarettes. Eating and drinking are
restricted to the canteen area during break times. Smoking is only allowed outside near the entrance area,
all cigarette ends must be disposed of in the tray fixed on the wall.
The use of pens in the production area is restricted only metal detectable pens can be for recording
production details. Tippex, pencils, erasers, drawing pins, safety pins, rubber bands, paper clips, staples
and other forms of stationery are PROHIBITED in all production areas. If staples are used on recording
forms these MUST be covered and secured with tape.
Any hazards or accidents MUST be reported to the Managers and Supervisors immediately.
Any material to be discarded as waste must be placed in the bin; at no time must they be left on the floor.
Any foodstuff, which comes in contact with the floor MUST be discarded.
Please report any sightings of insects, rodents, moths or birds on site to your Supervisor or the Manager
All staff must wear disposable gloves when in direct contact with the food especially when packing finished
Before commencing work
1. Wash your hands, dry them then apply the hand sanitiser.
2. Take a pair of disposable gloves – DO NOT blow into them to open them up.
3. Gloves must be changed each time the product you are packing changes or regularly if
the duration of the packing is longer.
4. Always change the gloves when they snag/tear or break.
5. Always wear the correct size.
6. Always remove your gloves when you have finished production and dispose of them into the nearest bin.
7. When wearing gloves never touch your face, if you do remove them, wash your hands; put hand
sanitiser on then place a new pair of gloves on.
8. NEVER open doors of fridge’s or entrance doors etc when wearing gloves whether they are clean or dirty
as cross contamination will occur.
The company puts quality and food safety at the heart of all its processes, it aims to ensure that all
products manufactured by the company are of the highest quality and are produced, stored and distributed
under safe and hygienic conditions. The Quality Policy is displayed in the canteen please ensure you read
Allergens are substances that can potentially cause serious reactions, leading to anaphylaxis or even
death. There are many types of allergen and as a food producing site, it is our responsibility to control
them and reduce the risk to people from our products. Examples of allergens include:
- Cereals containing gluten
- Sesame Seeds
- Nuts (all types and derivatives of)
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites
Allergens on site at La Tua Pasta are the following wheat, egg, milk, mollusc, crustaceans, nuts, celery,soya, sulphites and fish. As an employee of this business it is your responsibility to ensure that you do not
bring products or food into the production area or warehouse area. Always ensure you wash your hands
after eating in the canteen and before entering the production areas in the sinks provided.
The site has 24 hour security which is monitored by Managers and CCTV cameras are fitted through the
whole site which provides 24 hour recordings. The main entrance has a biometric access control which is
used by manager and staff. A security fence is fitted around the whole site to prevent unauthorised
personnel gaining excess to the building. Gates are fitted in the goods in, waste and side entrance areas
which are locked when not in use. Please ensure the doors are kept closed.
Fire Exit Doors
The fire doors must be kept closed at all times.
Security Policy in General
If any unknown person or persons, who are unescorted and attempting to gain access to any part of the
building, are seen, they must be asked, in a polite and civil manner, who they are and can they provide
identification, or they must wait until a member of Management can verify their status.
Managerial / Supervisor Responsibilities
All Managers and Supervisors are also responsible for assisting the Management team to enforce Building
Security, as and when possible in the course of their normal duties.
THESE ARE RULES NOT SUGGESTIONS. THEY MUST BE FOLLOWED
I confirm that I fully understand the above information.
YOU ARE WARNED THAT IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS IT WILL
RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION BEING TAKEN.