Who we are
Response Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Business specialising in the supply of industrial blue collar Workers on assignment to our Clients under a contract for services.
The personal data we collect, use and why
Information about you that we collect and use include: –
- your name, date of birth, address and contact details including telephone numbers and email addresses so we can contact you with offers of work
- your bank account details and national insurance number so we can pay you
- your nationality and copies of identification so we know you are legally entitled to work in this country
- your employment history so we can find suitable alternative work
- when you visit our offices, visual images collected via closed circuit television for security purposes
- some sensitive personal information relating to your health which is only used where it’s required to provide you with work
- your doctor’s and next of kin’s details so we can contact someone on your behalf in case of an emergency
Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure at all times. If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information, it may mean that we will be unable to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you, for example, to provide you with work.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Where we collect your information
We collect your personal information directly from you when you visit our offices, hold telephone conversations with you, via emails or letters, and when you engage with us via our website, our Facebook page/groups and other media in which we might advertise.
How we use your information
We will use your personal data where we need to perform a contract with you (for example, when you register with us for work), where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, where you have asked us to or where we need to comply with a legal obligation. You can tell us if you want us to stop contacting you for work, just let us know at any time by contacting one of our offices.
Who we may share your information with
We take your privacy seriously and will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and share your information only where:
- you have given us your consent
- you are on Assignment with one of our Clients
- it is in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with our pension provider if you become a member of the scheme; and our software provider to process payroll in order for you to get paid for the work you do with us
- law enforcement bodies and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of payroll
Where your information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in our offices in the UK. However, some of your information is processed by the third parties we work with, e.g. our payroll software providers, our Clients and our pension scheme administrators. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
How we protect your information
We are committed to keeping your personal data secure and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our services whilst you are registered with us. We will also keep your information after this period but only where we are required to meet legal, accounting and regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
- the right to be informed of our need to collect and keep your personal data
- the right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and with whom we share it, as stated in this document
- the right of access to your personal information, if you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold for you then you may make an access request at any time
- the right to request that your personal information be rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete
- the right to request erasure if there is not a compelling or legal reason for us to continue to have it
- the right to restrict processing of your personal data
- the right to data portability, for example if you start working for one of our Clients on a permanent basis
- the right to object, for example, if you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms
- the right to withdraw consent to processing your data. We may not be able to provide our services to you if you withdraw your consent but we will advise you if this is the case at the time.
Further information and if you have a complaint
Data Protection Officer, Response Recruitment Ltd, 51 Park Royal Road, London NW10 7LQ. Tel: 020 8965 1575